Sunday, June 8, 2014

Flash mob dance and bacon

Started the new job on Monday.  Everyone seems nice.  They are easing me into it and actually walking me through things, rather than doing the sink-or-swim method that some lawyers prefer. They stock the kitchen with fruit ... and candy bars, full size candy bars.  Damn them!

After work on Tuesday, I went for a “flash mob” dance lesson.  A friend was getting proposed to this weekend and I somehow agreed to be a part of the flash mob dance intro.  One of those things to add to and check off the bucket list. J

This weekend was a bit crazy:  street fest with former coworker on Fri., brunch with a different former coworker on Sat., editing novella—and somewhere in there I’m supposed to practice my dance moves for ... the flash mob engagement dance for Sunday (the things I never thought I would say).

Saturday brunch was great.  Great talk with friend, and in addition to our meal, we tried their bacon donut.  It was good!  I’ve tried other bacon donuts and they’re just meeh, but this one was good.  If you are in Chicago, it is at Bakin’ and Eggs (on Lincoln by Belmont and Ashland).  The bacon is under the maple frosting.  And it was a good cake donut (not an airy bland donut).




And World Cup starts in a week!  A beautiful game.

No comments: