Sunday, August 18, 2013

All about me...



It has been a while since I posted a blog and don’t have a specific topic to discuss, so I thought it might be fun to share some random factoids about me.  Here goes...

If I could be any fictional character, who would I be?

Elizabeth Bennett in Pride and Prejudice by Austen

What is my worst habit?

Talking too much.  I have to remember to pause once a minute to make sure the other people present have a chance to speak.

Do I have a publishing pet peeve?

Yes!  I hate it when a book blurb doesn’t seem anything like the actual story.  Having a cover that doesn’t quite match the story doesn’t bother me quite so much, but the blurb should be accurate.

Best book recommendation I ever received?

Dragonriders of Pern by Anne McCaffrey

Best life advice I've received?

Own a screwdriver.
Set aside money from each paycheck for a new car.
When you are winning, shut up.
If you look in the mirror and wonder if what you are wearing is appropriate for work, go change.

Favorite books
Pride and Prejudice by Austen
The Princess Bride by William Goldman
Tell Me No Lies by Elizabeth Lowell
Cry No More by Linda Howard
Black Jewels Trilogy by Anne Bishop

I could name many, many more titles, but you get the idea.

Places I want to visit because of romance novels:

Scotland
China – Qin’s Tomb (I blame Tell Me No Lies by Elizabeth Lowell)
Charleston, SC
San Diego

 
Most unusual job

I spent a few summers working at a stained glass shop. 

What book should every romance writer read?

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

Fictional characters I'd like to meet?

Hard one.  Hmmm.  Mr. Darcy, Rafael (Nalini Singh character), Eve Dallas (JD Robb character),

Cake or frosting?

FROSTING! 

No comments: